Atlanta Immigration Lawyer | Fogle Law Firm

Juvenile Protection

Non-citizen children and some young adults who have been neglected, abused, or abandoned by a parent may be able to get a green card (U.S. lawful permanent residence) through “Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.” 

To be eligible for SIJS, the non-citizen child must be under 21 years of age, unmarried, and under the jurisdiction of a state or juvenile court within the United States.

Obtaining SIJS is a complex, two-part process requiring knowledge of state law and federal immigration law.

At the Fogle Law Firm, we have extensive experience representing children and young adults in this complicated procedure. Whether you are a custodial guardian, parent or foster parent, we can assist the child through the legal process.